Missoni

November 26, 2011

Graham

Graham Hat
Graham by Jennifer Adams
Project Specs: 
Knit in Cascade Eco-Alpaca, charcoal.
Knitted on size US 6 and 8 circulars.
Pattern PDF

Note:  Since first publishing the pattern in November I have updated the numbers and crown decreases for Graham.  The decreases now work invisibly with the Broken Rib pattern and the hat is completely reversible.  Enjoy!

Ben has been requesting a new hat for the last month, and he pretty much gave me the exact specs for what he wanted.  I think when knitting for a guy this makes life so much easier.  Especially a finicky 13 year old.  Guys may not always know exactly what they want when it comes to a wearable knit, but they can give you enough descriptive words that you get the picture.  Ben used words like "rasta, slouchy, and soft."  When I showed him a photo of a true rasta he said, "umm... no, not what I meant."  When I showed him some celebrity photos of guys in slouch hats we hit paydirt.
 
After that it was smooth sailing, and we had a hat 2 days later.  I knit Graham in Eco-Baby Alpaca by Cascade, which a great choice for a slouch hat.  It drapes so well but also shows good stitch definition.  Another great option is Berroco Ultra Alpaca.

Graham knit in Ultra Alpaca, Redwood Mix.
Knit using a Broken Rib stitch this hat is completely reversible.  In the photo above, Annabelle is wearing her Graham on the reverse side.

Thank you [ so much! ] for your response and comments regarding Graham!  I love "stalking" the project pages on Rav and seeing all the different versions!  Here are just a few of my favorites!

I've knit so many of these, but I love this one in Katia DeGrade.
[ knitsandpots ] version
[ nireknit ]'s version
[ eLoomanator ]'s version

 ----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: angie  DATE: 11/26/2011 06:16:17 PM oh I love this!! I love the texture it has! I was just getting ready to start browsing for quick Christmas gifts and it looks like I don't need to browse anymore!! Thank you kindly for the pattern!
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR: Janet  DATE: 12/25/2011 07:55:54 PM I'd like to make this for a head with 24 inch circumference. Would it be easy to increase the size, and how would I do this? I don't have any experience modifying patterns to this point.

2 comments:

  1. Love this, that it's reversible and the decreases are hidden. I think I hear a skein calling my name....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a recommendation for a particular cast-on method?

    ReplyDelete